Index / Site Map



Featured Depts:

- Crescent Springs

- Edgewood

- Erlanger

- Ft. Mitchell



About

Links

Cincy Fire Engines

Woodlawn Fire Department

1110 Waterworks Road
Woodlawn, KY 41071

Fire protection in Woodlawn was provided by Newport up until the 1950's.  In 1947, the Woodlawn Volunteer Fire Department was established as a first response type of organization until Newport could arrive on the scene.  The department grew over the years and with the purchase of an American LaFrance pumper truck became voting members of the NKY Firefighter's Assocation in 1967.  At this time Woodlawn also ended their contract for fire protection with Newport.  Woodlawn continued to operate as an independent fire department until July of 2007, when the department officially disbanded and fire protection for the community reverted back to the Newport Fire Department.









Engine 1501 - 1991 International / Boardman (55' ReadiTower / 1250 GPM / 500 Gallon Tank)

Photo courtesy Steve Hagy







Engine - 1966 American LaFrance (1000 GPM / 300 Gallon Tank)

- The department's first Class A pumper truck
- Retired in 1990
- Photo courtesy Joe Eggemeier






Engine - 1953 Dodge

- Dept built apparatus in conjunction with Feinaur Welding of Newport, KY
- The pump from the 1941 Dodge was transferred to this apparatus
- Retired in 1966
- Photo courtesy Joe Eggemeier







Engine - 1941 Dodge (500 GPM / 250 Gallon Tank)

- This is the department's first apparatus
- It was a 1/2 ton, 4-wheel drive Army weapons carrier outfitted by the WFD with a skid-mount pump
- Photo courtesy Joe Eggemeier







Rescue 1520 - 1976 Dodge

Additional Photos








Ambulance 1500A - 1990 Ford / LifeLine

- Photo courtesy Joe Eggemeier








Ambulance - 1959 Cadillac

- This ambulance was acquired in 1968 from the Dayton, KY Fire Department
- Retired in the 1970's
- Photo courtesy Joe Eggemeier




Apparatus
Page Visitors