Index / Site Map

Featured Depts:

- Crescent Springs

- Edgewood

- Erlanger

- Ft. Mitchell



Cincy Fire Engines

Highland Heights
Volunteer Fire Department

The department was formed in 1939 and the first fire station was built in 1941.  In the mid-1990's the department was experiencing a combination of increased call volume due to the growth of the city and Northern Kentucky University along with a shortage of personnel.  The department looked at adding full-time, paid personnel but ended up deciding the best solution was to merge with the Cold Spring Fire Department.  The Central Campbell Fire District was established in 1999 and it represented the first merger of departments in the county.

Engine 701 - 1997 Sutphen (1250 GPM / 750 Gallon Tank)

- Photo courtesy Steve Hagy

Engine 702 - 1980 Ford / Pirsch

- Photo courtesy Steve Hagy

Engine 703 -  1960 Ford / Pirsch (750 GPM / 300 Gallon Tank)

- Photo courtesy Steve Hagy

Engine - 1941

- This is the department's first apparatus

Rescue 720 - 1997 Spartan / Hackney (Heavy Rescue)

- This apparatus is currently in service with Covington Rescue 1
- Photo courtesy Steve Hagy

Page Visitors
- Photo courtesy Kenton County Library